What Kind of Adoptive Families Can I Choose For My Texas Adoption?
Adoption can be an intimidating process. You may not know what the steps are or how to create an adoption plan. Adoption Choices of Texas will help you get started on your adoption plan and process if you are a birth mother in Texas with an Unexpected pregnancy. In addition, you may have no clue what kind of adoptive family you want. Read further for a list of potential adoptive family types you can choose from.
Adoptive Family Options in Texas
The following are possible adoptive family options. You can choose which one is your preference during the adoption plan. Keep in mind that Adoption Choices of Texas does a clear background check on all adoptive family candidates to make sure they are financially stable, safe, have good careers, and can provide and care for a child.
- Single: If you are looking to place your baby in a single parent’s care, then know that this may be their first adoption experience if they are single. If they already have other adopted children, keep that in mind.
- Married: If you prefer a married couple of the same sex or heterosexual marriage. You may want two people who are committed to each other and want to start a family.
- Heterosexual couples: Regardless of marriage, you may want a couple who wants nothing more than to start a family. No one says you need a marriage license to start a family and provide love and safety to a child.
- Same-sex couples: If you desire a couple that is part of the LGBTQIA community and who loves, has a safe home and wants to start a family. Then choose a same-sex couple who are committed to each other.
- Young: When choosing a young adoptive parent or family. We make sure they are the legal age of twenty-one and have an extensive background check.
- Older: Age shouldn’t be seen as a bad thing. Regardless of age, an older adoptive parent or family can provide a loving home for your child. If you want an older adoptee who may have experience raising a family or is in a stable financial place, choose this adoptive option.
Once you choose the kind of adoptive family you want, the following questions you must think about are based on your ideal preferences. The next important part of the adoption plan is the type of adoption you want.
- Open Adoption If you want to establish a close and personal relationship with the adoptive family. Forms of contact can be through emails, letters with photos, phone, and video calls, in-person visits.
- Closed Adoption is when you decide no form of contact or communication is necessary. You feel it’s best that the child or the adoptive family know you personally. No personal information will be exchanged between you and the adoptive family.
- Semi-Open Adoption is when you want frequent updates on your child while not being directly involved. You can set up boundaries between the adoptive family. Your adoption specialist will mediate these forms of contact. Forms of contact include emails, letters with photos on upbringing and progress, phone and video calls.
Once you have completed the adoption plan, then the process of the adoption shall continue. With that comes a list of unplanned pregnancy services that are provided and available to you.
Unexpected Pregnancy Options in Texas
- Financial Assistance: If you are in an unstable financial place to take care of yourself and your child, do not panic. We have plenty of financial aid and assistance that you can be eligible for. We offer loans and grants. Even the adoptive family can contribute to this financial instability. We know having an unexpected pregnancy can be hard. Having money geared towards rent, phone bills, transportation, medical appointments, groceries, maternity clothes, and other expenses can be a big help towards you completing your adoption process.
- Medical Help: If you do not have a primary doctor or medical insurance or do not have a doctor you trust, Adoption Choices of Texas can offer a list of doctors that will be sympathetic towards your situation and provide the utmost care. They will give you your daily medical checkups and help you plan your birth plan.
- Housing: If you have any circumstance where you do not have a home, you do not have enough space, you don’t feel safe at home, we can provide temporary housing for you to live in while you go through your adoption process. Even after the adoption is complete, we understand you may need time to get back on your feet. We provide you with financial assistance, job placement, and other guiding tools to get an entry-level or part-time position. You can stay in housing for a maximum of three months.
- Birth Plan: Your doctor will be asking you the following questions: where would you like to have the baby? Do you want anyone in the delivery room with you? Would you like pain relief medicine? Do you want a c section or natural birth? These questions need to be answered so the doctor and adoption specialist can prepare a comfortable, safe environment for you.
- Free Counseling: When going through your adoption process, there may be feelings and emotions that you are not ready to deal with or have tossed to the side. However, having a good state of mind, or attempting to clarify what goes on in your head, can help with the progress of the adoption process and also help your mental and physical health. Counseling sessions are free, one on one, or group sessions. There is no timeline to working on yourself and accepting the adoption. You have many emotions and feelings to navigate through. Adoption Choices of Texas is here for you during this crucial time.
Adoption Choices of Texas encourages you to look into your adoption plan and choose whoever is right for you when placing your baby for adoption. Make sure you follow our step-by-step adoption process and consider your final decisions. We are here for you with our resources and support. For more information on adoptive families and adoption, go to our site.
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 888-307-3340, text us at 888-307-3340, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Si está embarazada y necesita ayuda, llámenos o envíenos un mensaje de texto y uno de nuestros especialistas en adopción podrá ayudarlo. Podemos ayudarte con la adopcion de niños. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029
Meet the Author: Gabrielle Maya is a recent graduate from New Jersey City University, earning her Bachelor of English Creative Writing and Minor in Women’s Gender Studies. She specializes in writing about topics regarding women, pop culture, books, and DIYs. Her blogs and articles have appeared on The Red Eye Media Group, Kiss and Tell Magazine, and Bookstr. She has also written poetry and flash fiction for New Jersey City University’s online Hype Magazine. Gabrielle also has a bookstagram where she posts daily reads. She enjoys streaming her favorite Korean Dramas, Anime. She is a bookworm to the core, reading several titles a week ranging from fantasy, poetry, fiction, and dystopian. She is social media savvy and creates visual content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. She loves analyzing novels and having open, controversial conversations. Her writing is geared towards women because of her past insecurities with her body and voice. Gabrielle is a quick learner and open to writing any type of content.