What are My Unplanned Pregnancy Options in Texas?
By Jan Douglas
An unplanned pregnancy can happen at any time or at any age. If you are a birth mother looking for adoption agencies in Dallas or anywhere across Texas, we can help. Modern adoption is vastly different than adoptions in the past. However, the language surrounding adoption can be from decades ago – “giving up my baby,” unwanted, unintended, or unexpected pregnancy. Adoption Choices of Texas understands, “By choosing adoption, you are choosing to make a thoughtful plan for your baby’s life.”
There are two options for unplanned pregnancy in Texas: continue the pregnancy and adoption. This last year made abortion illegal in Texas, except for a life-threatening medical emergency. Adoption Choices of Texas has locations in several cities across the state. We help birth mothers looking for information and support for adoption in Dallas. We can help if you are a birth mother looking for information for adoption in Austin or adoption in Houston, Tx.
The adoption process for a woman seeking information on an unplanned pregnancy.
- Contact a Texas adoption agency. Adoption Choices of Texas is here to answer all of your questions. We have assisted women in Texas’ adoption process for the last decade.
- Decide on your adoption plan. The birth mother chooses the type of adoption – open adoption, semi-open, or closed adoption. You decide the family that will parent your child. What resources are available to you? We will go over your needs. The birth mother establishes the kind of hospital and birth. And lastly, the counseling and support you would like.
- Involvement of the birth father. The birth father has parental rights in the adoption process in Texas. However, much depends on whether you are married and how involved he is in your life. Our knowledgeable counselors at Adoption Choices of Texas will assist you with this aspect of the adoption process.
- Choosing the adoptive family. You will determine how involved you would like to be in this process. It is an individual choice and is unique to each birth mother. Some birth mothers are gladly involved in meeting and deciding on the adoptive family, while others give this decision to the agency. Adoption Choices of Texas has experience in finding the perfect fit.
- Signing the adoption paperwork. The Texas adoption process allows the birth mother to sign the adoption papers 48 hours after giving birth. We help you understand the adoption process and encourage birth mothers to construct their adoption plan early in their pregnancy. We do not want anyone to feel hurried or pressured.
- Post-placement support program. Your adoption counselor will be available for ongoing support as long as the birth mother needs or wants.
Are Teen pregnancy options different?
The simple answer is No. Your options for an unplanned pregnancy are the same, regardless of age. However, finding out you are pregnant as a teenager might make you feel more overwhelmed and frightened. How do I tell my parents? What are my options in the state of Texas? Adoption Choices of Texas can help you understand the adoption process in Texas. We are available 24/7 with just a phone call or text. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, and Twitter.
You may not be ready to make a decision about an unplanned pregnancy. We at Adoption Choices of Texas can support you through this process with kindness and without judgment. We understand you have a major life decision and may feel scared and alone. The adoption process can feel like an enormous step. We have worked with women of all ages, including pregnant teens just like you! Our counselors will walk you through the adoption process and provide a safe and welcoming space to decide what is best for you and your unborn child.
Once I decide about putting my child up for adoption, what is an Adoption Plan?
Once a birth mother chooses to make the brave and loving decision to place her baby up for adoption, she will make an adoption plan. An adoption plan involves the unborn baby and the birth mother. An adoption plan includes the following:
- Type of Adoption
- Type of Family
- Type of Hospital and birth
- Type of Resources you need
- Type of Support you want
Adoption is unique to every birth mother. No two situations are the same. As a private adoption agency in Texas, Adoption Choices of Texas is here to help you develop an adoption plan specific to you. We have various support available to you. Do you need transportation to and from medical appointments? We can help communicate with the birth father and your family. Putting an unborn child in the hands of strangers can be stressful. Our agency provides careful and thorough screening of adoptive families.
Choosing Adoption for My Unplanned Pregnancy in Texas
Adoptions today put the birth mother in charge of the entire adoption process. It may feel paralyzing to think of the financial responsibilities involved with the adoption process—especially today when inflation is at an all-time high. Money worries often cause stress. Adoption Choices of Texas will lessen this pressure. A birth mother might receive assistance in three ways: our agency’s services, local state assistance, and assistance from the adoptive family. Maybe you need a safe place to stay during the adoption process. Our licensed adoption agency can provide a secure and restful place for the birth mother.
An unplanned pregnancy may feel staggering. You may be wondering what the next few months will be like. What are my options? What exactly does a private adoption mean? Or a private adoption agency? Adoption Choices of Texas is here to answer these and all your questions. If you are looking for answers for adoption in Dallas or any city across Texas, we are accessible and can be reached by phone, text, or in person. We can even meet you someplace in public or private. You do not have to go through unplanned pregnancy alone.
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Si está embarazada y necesita ayuda, llámenos o envíenos un mensaje de texto y uno de nuestros especialistas en adopción podrá ayudarlo. Podemos ayudarte con la adopcion de niños. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029