While stereotypes for who a birth mother is exists, there are no rules. Often we read (see or hear) about teenage pregnancy and choosing adoption, homeless or drug addicted women who choose adoption, and perhaps sexual workers or rape victims who choose adoption. But the truth is, women from ALL walks of life choose adoption. In fact, the average woman who chooses adoption fits none of those stereotypes! She is unexpectedly pregnant, does not wish to terminate the pregnancy nor is she prepared to parent. Adoption is a healthy, loving, responsible option.
Why Choose Adoption?
Whatever the reason is for a woman to consider adoption, they are not alone. Every day, women face the hard decision on what to do with an unplanned pregnancy. Adoption Choices of Texas works with woman of all ages, from all walks of life. And here are just a few reasons why you might choose adoption:
- You are not ready to be a mother just yet.
- You are in college or a young professional and not interested in parenting.
- You are not mentally or physically able to parent a child.
- You don’t have support from the baby’s father.
- You want your child to be raised in a stable 2 parent family.
- Your home life is shaky and unstable.
- You have college plans and it wouldn’t be fair to the child or myself if you tried to parent now.
- You want more for your child with a solid future and opportunities that adoption will bring that I do not have in my life.
- I have lost my other children to Child Protective Services and am working to get them back. Another child might hurt my chances to get my other children back.
- I really can’t afford another child.
- My lifestyle is too unsettled. I like to be free to do what I want to do at my age.
- I was raped and want something positive to come out of this situation.
You are unique. Your story is unique. Your circumstance, your why … all unique. And that’s why Adoption Choices of Texas will work with you to create an adoption plan for YOU. While the adoption process is relatively the same, it’s not a cookie cutter plan. Consider what you want from an adoption agency, from an adoption plan, and call or text us to discuss your options at 945-444-0333.
If you are an adoptive family hoping to adopt, please inquire here.