Placing Your Baby for Adoption in the Hospital: Last Minute Adoption in Texas
If you or someone you know is considering adoption, even if the birth is around the corner, it is important to note that there are still options available. While you can still choose adoption long after childbirth, know that it is possible to choose adoption while still in the hospital. Even down to the very last minute. Adoption is always an option, no matter what.
If you are considering adoption before your hospital stay, it can be very helpful to create a hospital plan beforehand. This simply ensures that your visit will be much less stressful, and that you will have made certain that your most important needs are met.
What Placing Your Baby for Adoption in the Hospital will Look Like
- Take some time for yourself. This decision is important, so take the time to think it over, as well as relax after your ordeal. If you have any friends or family that you wish to contact, now would be a great time to do so.
- Once you have made the decision, you can contact our agency yourself or you can ask a hospital employee to help you. This can be done through the phone, email, or other mode of communication — whichever is easiest for you.
- Next, you will work with one of our adoption caseworkers (in person or remotely) to help you find the perfect family for your child. We can send you images, share details, and even connect you with the adoptive family beforehand. Whatever you feel is necessary to help make this decision easier, be sure to let your adoption caseworker know.
- Once you have chosen a family, depending upon time of day and location, they may be able to join you at the hospital within just a few hours. You can then decide if you wish to spend any personal time with your child, before the new family gets to meet them and take them home.
- Our adoption caseworker will then help you with any other needs that you have, from transportation home to financial assistance. They will also be able to provide you with contacts for our agency, as well as counseling, if you require any assistance after the adoption has taken place.
Last Minute Adoption
Keep in mind that every situation is unique, and that some things may be a bit different for your adoption in the hospital. However, we will work with you to meet all of your needs and answer all your questions along the way. Know that this decision is not an easy one, but that by choosing adoption — even as a last minute adoption — you are giving the greatest gift of all.
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 945-444-0333, text us at 945-444-0333, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Meet the Author: Elijah Weiner is currently studying English and East Asian Studies at Denison University, and spends the majority of his free time reading a good science fiction book. His interest has always been in fiction, so whether he is reading or writing it is always based upon the imaginary world.
Elijah lives in Boulder, Co and spends his free time reading or bicycling outdoors.