Infant Adoption in Texas: Why do Women Choose Adoption?
If you are a woman with an unexpected pregnancy, live in the state of Texas, and want to give your baby for adoption, Adoption Choices of Texas is where you should begin your infant adoption in Texas. You may be anxious or nervous about the adoption process. We want you to know that our process is simple and easy. We strive to make sure you have all the pregnancy help services you need and understand that all the decisions are up to you. We will follow your guidance and make it a safe, comfortable, and healthy process from start to finish. Our locations are in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. For more information on how to get started, please go to our site.
The Adoption Process In Texas: Adoption Types
- Open Adoption is when you are open to communicating with the adoptive family and also getting to know them personally. You want to also get to know your child and watch them grow. Our agency can mediate forms of communication. We help with video and phone calls, setting up in-person visits, emails, letters, and pictures can also be exchanged. You get to decide the boundaries between you and the adoptive family. We can help you plan out all your communications accordingly.
- Closed Adoption is when you decide not to communicate with the adoptive family or your child for personal reasons. You may think it’s best just to have no contact for the child’s sake and yours. We will respect your decision and make sure that your adoptive family is in agreement with this adoption type and plan accordingly.
- Semi-Open Adoption is when you want to have some form of communication, it may not be personal communication. You set the boundaries on what is used to contact the adoptive family. If you want some updates on your child’s upbringing but don’t want to interfere or have the child know about you, we can make that happen. We can arrange letters and pictures to be sent to you and vice versa. We can create a private email for use only with the adoption if you would like to email. We will mediate the calls if you want video calls or phone calls. Every decision is yours to make, and the adoptive family must agree.
Our Adoption Agency Services in Texas
- Financial Help: If you struggle with certain expenses and other necessities, we can make the adoption process a little bit easier. We can help pay for rent, transportation, food, maternity clothes, and other expenses with our financial support. The goal for us is that you have less stress about payments and focus on finding the right adoptive family for your child and planning your decisions.
- Medical Checkups and Assistance: When it comes to medical assistance, you may be having difficulty finding a doctor that is sympathetic to your situation. You may not have a doctor at all or no medical insurance. We understand it can be challenging paying out of pocket for medical appointments to check on the baby. Adoption Choices of Texas provides help with medical assistance. We have a list of kind-hearted doctors who want to help you have a healthy pregnancy. Once you decide on what you want, we can have you get regularly scheduled checkups.
- Housing during Unplanned Pregnancy: If you have a home but it doesn’t have enough space, or you may not have a safe place to stay. Whatever reasons you have for not having the proper living space, we can help you with a selection of housing to choose from. You can live in one of our housing placements for the remainder of the adoption process and until you can get back on your feet.
- Free counseling Sessions: This entire adoption journey is an overwhelming time where emotions and decisions are at an all-time high. We understand that you may be still processing the unexpected pregnancy. We want to encourage you to take your time. We are here for you once you have made your decisions. With that stress comes a lot of unresolved emotions and difficulty accepting the situation. We provide free counseling sessions that can be either one on one or group. Take time to process this journey. Even after the birth, we are here for you. You can always come back for more counseling if you need it. Your mental health is important to us.
- Birth Plan: When going to your doctor during this process, one thing that will be discussed is your birth plan. You will plan this ahead of time. Some of the questions you must ask yourself are, “Who do I want at the birth?” “Do I want any pain relief medication” “Do I want an all-natural birth, “Where do I want to have my baby?” Once you have these questions answered, everything will be prepared accordingly. When it’s time for you to give birth, your adoption specialist will be there to speak on your behalf, and everything will be arranged.
Call our closest Texas location to set up an appointment with an adoption specialist who will help you understand the steps for an infant adoption in Texas and to assist in providing you with options. We support every decision you make to help your future and help your child find a loving family. For any woman with an unplanned pregnancy, Adoption Choices of Texas is here to help you every step of the way.
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 888-307-3340, text us at 888-307-3340, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Si está embarazada y necesita ayuda, llámenos o envíenos un mensaje de texto y uno de nuestros especialistas en adopción podrá ayudarlo. Podemos ayudarte con la adopcion de niños. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029
Meet the Author: Gabrielle Maya is a recent graduate from New Jersey City University, earning her Bachelor of English Creative Writing and Minor in Women’s Gender Studies. She specializes in writing about topics regarding women, pop culture, books, and DIYs. Her blogs and articles have appeared on The Red Eye Media Group, Kiss and Tell Magazine, and Bookstr. She has also written poetry and flash fiction for New Jersey City University’s online Hype Magazine. Gabrielle also has a bookstagram where she posts daily reads. She enjoys streaming her favorite Korean Dramas, Anime. She is a bookworm to the core, reading several titles a week ranging from fantasy, poetry, fiction, and dystopian. She is social media savvy and creates visual content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. She loves analyzing novels and having open, controversial conversations. Her writing is geared towards women because of her past insecurities with her body and voice. Gabrielle is a quick learner and open to writing any type of content.