Gift-Giving and Adoption: Ideas a Birth Mother can Give to Adoptive Family in TX
Adoption Choices of Texas is the best place when choosing adoption for your baby. We provide resources and support during your adoption plan process. It’s the holiday season, and you may be a birth mother ready with a plan or a birth mother who is anxious about the holiday season. It can be difficult, and you want to find ways to get close to your child. Well, we have five beautiful gift options you can choose from that are sensible and help bring you, the child, and the adoptive family closer and start holiday traditions.
- Children Book about Adoption: You may be curious if the adoptive family you choose has a plan to explain to your child that they are adopted. You discussed this with your adoptive family, and they do plan on telling the child when they grow up. You can help introduce the idea of adoption with a children’s book about adoption. It can be a simple explanation of what adoption is and how it’s okay and common. This will plant the idea into their heads and positively normalize adoption to create families. This gift is a great way for your child to eventually learn that they were adopted. This can be a simple guide that you give to the adoptive parents to get them started. Talking about your decision may be hard, and you may still be processing that it’s the right decision for you. You may worry your child may feel betrayed or unloved, but that is not the case. You know in your heart that you were thinking of their well-being. This is a step in the right direction as a holiday gift.
- A Family Picture Frame: Picking out a special family picture frame for your adoptive family can be a great display of decor for their house. You can put a picture of yourself while holding the baby or a photo of the child. Or create a collage of pictures of the adoptive family holding your child and you there too. There are many ideas and variations to use the family picture frame. This can be a baby’s first-holiday picture frame. However you choose to give this, it’s a great way to start a still memorable moment with a picture that shows family and how you are excited to be a part of it in any way you planned it and discussed with the adoptive family.
- Gift Card for a Grocery Store: Providing for your baby is an important task that the adoptive family will be in charge of. To provide some assistance to help your baby, give them a gift card from a grocery store of your choice. This will help them provide groceries and supplies for your child. They can buy baby supplies such as formula, baby food, diapers, clothes, and more. You may not be taking care of the child yourself, but you can support them in these small gifts this holiday.
- A Family Heirloom: Being connected to your child can be through a family heirloom you hold dear to your heart. You are a part of your child. You chose an adopted family that will take care of them. You are the birth mother, a part of you resides in them. If your child will be curious in the future, a family heirloom or an object that is significant to you is a great holiday gift to share with the adoptive family. The adoptive family you choose understands your decision, and why you made it, they are your extended family and a part of your adoption journey. This gift signifies a close connection you will share with your child from a distance. The adoptive family can share it with them when they are older.
- A Christmas Letter: One-holiday gift tradition you can make is writing a letter for your child to read. You may have worries and concerns about your decision, and that’s okay. Writing is a way to alleviate and heal from the emotions you are experiencing. You can put all the love and explanation for your child and wish them a great holiday. You can be creative and make it a yearly gift, so you are a part of their life. You can add money or a picture, anything to show who you are and any values or cultures you want the child to know about. You are a part of them, and you may have an urge to share stories of your upbringing and why you chose adoption as the solution for their bright future.
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 945-444-0333, text us at 945-444-0333, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Si está embarazada y necesita ayuda, llámenos o envíenos un mensaje de texto y uno de nuestros especialistas en adopción podrá ayudarlo. Podemos ayudarte con la adopcion de niños. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029
Meet the Author: Gabrielle Maya is a recent graduate from New Jersey City University, earning her Bachelor of English Creative Writing and Minor in Women’s Gender Studies. She specializes in writing about topics regarding women, pop culture, books, and DIYs. Her blogs and articles have appeared on The Red Eye Media Group, Kiss and Tell Magazine, and Bookstr. She has also written poetry and flash fiction for New Jersey City University’s online Hype Magazine. Gabrielle also has a bookstagram where she posts daily reads. She enjoys streaming her favorite Korean Dramas, Anime. She is a bookworm to the core, reading several titles a week ranging from fantasy, poetry, fiction, and dystopian. She is social media savvy and creates visual content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. She loves analyzing novels and having open, controversial conversations. Her writing is geared towards women because of her past insecurities with her body and voice. Gabrielle is a quick learner and open to writing any type of content.