Adoption in Texas
As a birth mother, we understand why you have such a view of adoption. You are pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy that you were not prepared for. To add on, your emotions are scrambling, and you are stressed simultaneously, so the process may seem hard. Adoption Choices of Texas tries to make the adoption process less stressful on any birth mother we support. Since you are pregnant, you are in jeopardy of affecting your health and your unborn babies. Just to answer your question, adoption feels hard because it is a delicate and legal situation. There have been people that adopt children and have not to be fit. Now, as the state of Texas should, there have been laws placed to make sure that child is put into the best home available. When you think of a child being placed into someone else’s house, it sounds frightening, which is why the process is long and can seem lengthy. But, in reality, as the birth mother, it really isn’t for you as much, but even if it just knows you are doing what is best for your unborn child. The adoption process can be two years, and you would still do the best for your baby because it is your child. As your adoption agency in TX, we will make sure the process doesn’t affect you to the point of exhaustion or sickness.
Located in Texas, we have multiple centers located around the state: Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. In addition, we can serve any local women of Texas seeking adoption at any time with adoption agencies near you. Adoption in Texas is much like any state, and we want to support as many women as we can by offering our resources. Also, our knowledge while building families and ending the stigma of adoption in today’s society.
What is the adoption process?
We layout a thorough Texas adoption process for birth mothers that come to us for our services and join our family. Putting your baby up for adoption may seem like you will be at a loss once done, but you will not be.
- Step 1: Once you find out you’re pregnant with an unplanned baby, the number one thing you need to do right away and stay away from all toxins within your home. If you are addicted to alcohol and drugs, it may be hard, but throw those items away as soon a possible. Also, make sure you are pregnant by going to the doctors and confirming because an at-home pregnancy test is not always reliable. Also, a doctor is crucial if you are pregnant regardless of whether the pregnancy test from before is correct.
- Step 2: Once approved, have a moment of peace to truly think about the pregnancy. Are you really sure you want to give your baby adoption? Or do you want to consider the other options, such as terminating your unborn baby or raising the child as your own? You will have to think about this tough question, but it is extremely important.
- Step 3: Then, once you are finished contemplating and choose to put your baby up for adoption, contact us, Adoption Choices of Texas. We definitely will respond as soon as possible to you and support you like we are family!
- Step 4: From there, the official Texas adoption process begins, and you begin preparing your adoption plan. You decide the types of adoption you want: closed, semi-closed, and open.
- Step 5: In Texas, the father of your baby has rights. If you are married and he is currently in the picture, he has a say so in the adoption of the child. Though depending on the scenario, especially in the case of domestic violence, we can assist in blocking his right with legal input. We will cover all costs and give you the right paperwork.
- Step 6: Now is the greatest time of all! You pick your baby’s adoptive family based upon the parent profiles we provide you with on the preferences you stated. If you are not fond of any of them, we will then give you more parent profiles. Depending on the types of adoption you picked, we can choose the family for you if you would like. We make sure to do so as if we are the birth mother seeking the best family for your unborn child.
- Step 7*: Attend medical appointments during the duration of your pregnancy by even attending birth class or more. To add on, If you are not the financial place you should be and need assistance in paying for transportation, groceries, rent, or more, we assist with such.
- Step 8: It is time to give birth! Before such, you need a detailed hospital plan to be better prepared before the birth of your baby. Such a plan will lay out your needs and wants during giving birth, which your color and adoptive parents of your baby will take into account.
- Step 9: The law in Texas explains that 48 hours after the birth of your baby, you are to relinquish your parental rights to the adoptive parents of your baby. Your counselor and yourself can go to the courthouse to do such and sign the right paperwork.
- Step 10: If you had our financial support, such would end a month after the birth of your baby. But, if you still need assistance, we can provide you with resources. To add on, we have counseling available if you suffer from post-placement depression, which can be triggered at any point in time. We will still provide such. It is free of charge, and you have nothing to worry about.
Why is the adoption process lengthy?
It is lengthy for the same reason it may seem hard. That is because it is a legal process that Texas takes seriously. It is easy signing to put your baby up for adoption, but it becomes different once that process goes on. To add on, it is a process in choosing the family that best fits your choice of preferences when it comes to parent profiles. So when you are feeling stressed and busy due to the adoption, tell us we will try to make things less time-consuming for you!
If You Are Seeking Adoption In Texas, Come to Adoption Choices of Texas
We are a licensed adoption agency that will treat you with tenderness, love, and care like a birth mother should be. Building families is our goal, and we are happy you are giving your child a better life. To contact us, you can do so by text, call, or message us through our portal on our website. Never hesitate. You are never wrong, and we want the best for you and your baby!
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 888-307-3340, text us at 888-307-3340, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Si está embarazada y necesita ayuda, llámenos o envíenos un mensaje de texto y uno de nuestros especialistas en adopción podrá ayudarlo. Podemos ayudarte con la adopcion de niños. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029
Meet the Author: Imani Agbionu is a recent graduate from George Mason University, earning her Bachelor of Science in Marketing. With a history in writing for her former university’s online publication, Her Campus, she aspires to become a successful journalist who can provide for herself and her family. She is from Washington, DC, where she has lived her whole life, but one day wants to move to experience and call another state home. Her mother is from Washington, DC, and her father is from Nigeria, part of the Igbo tribe. As an introvert, she loves streaming platforms, with her favorites being HBO Max, Netflix, and Disney+. Unfortunately, she can’t pick one due to all playing a vital role in her life on a daily basis. She enjoys reading, with her favorite book being The Shining by Stephen King, which she sees as unusual since she is a fearful person that avoids horror at all costs. Listening to music is a vital mechanism that helps her stay calm and deal with her anxiety at times.
As an inspiring Journalist, she likes to write about a plethora of topics that some may look at as controversial, but she believes in staying true to herself. She doesn’t mind having conversations with people as long as opinions are being respected.