My Child was Conceived Through Rape, and I Don’t Want Them to Know
The unfortunate truth is that many babies are conceived through a case of sexual assault. The child and the birth mother hold this disturbing part of their history. The birth mother decides if her child will learn that part of their history. If you are someone who has become pregnant as a result of sexual assault, we are here to ensure that you are heard and provided everything that you may need. If you are considering putting up the child for adoption, you must know that you are in control of your adoption plan and process. Adoption Choices of Texas aims to answer all your questions and concerns regarding adoption.
First Things First, Adoption After a Sexual Assault (Counseling & Support)
Here at Adoption Choices Texas, we go above and beyond to ensure that you know we are here for you during times like this. Sexual assault is a situation that is bound to cause someone an overwhelming feeling of emotional and physical pain. We will provide the most support that you feel you may need. If you need financial, medical, or counseling, we will be sure to help you with those matters. Even after placing your baby up for adoption, you will most definitely have our ongoing support and counseling from our staff for as long as you need!
Will Your Child Be Told That They Were Conceived Through Rape or Incest? It’s Up to You!
At Adoption Choices of Texas, you are in control of your adoption plan, no matter which location you choose. We provide services regarding adoption in Houston, Austin, and Dallas. When you create an adoption plan, it is up to you to decide how you want to list the birth father on your paperwork. Know that birth father also have parental rights. However, if you’re involved in a case of sexual assault, you can say that the birth father is not present or unknown if you are not comfortable disclosing how your child was conceived.
We also recommend receiving legal advice to ensure your offender cannot get involved. When creating an adoption plan, we will set you up with one of our adoption specialists to go into further detail. Depending on your situation.
The Proper Adoption Process & Plan
To better understand the adoption process, if you plan to place your baby up for adoption, you must know each step taken. Here at Adoption Choices of Texas, we want to ensure that you feel at ease going through the adoption process.
- Usually, the first step taken in the adoption process is reaching out to your local healthcare provider if you find out that you’re experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Take a closer look at your situation and consider your options. It is important to decide whether adoption is the option you choose.
- If you choose adoption, contact us to discuss your options. Take this time to decide which location is more accessible for you as we serve numerous cities, including adoption in Houston, Dallas, and Austin.
- It’s time to begin creating your adoption plan. This is where you’ll primarily discuss the preferred adoption type and family. If you’re wondering, no prenatal care adoption is still an option.
- Discuss the rights of the birth father with your adoption specialist
- Choose your preferred family.
- After creating your adoption plan, we will focus on having a safe and healthy pregnancy.
- Post-Placement and ongoing counseling and support from our staff.
Choosing Adoption After a Sexual Assult
If you are looking for an adoption center near you or a local adoption agency near you as an expectant woman or birth parent learning more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 888-307-3340, text us at 888-307-3340, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Podemos ayudarte con la adopción en TEXAS. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029