Can You Put Your Baby Up for Adoption in Texas While In The Military?
An adoption is always an option for women everywhere who have an unplanned pregnancy. No matter what circumstances you are in our adoption agencies in San Antonio and throughout Texas are here to help you. If you are a pregnant woman in Texas, we are open to you. Many women who live in Texas and serve our country in the United States military also have the option. If you are in the military and have an unplanned pregnancy, we at Adoption Choices of Texas can help you start your adoption In four simple steps. To hear more information regarding the adoption process, read on.
Contact Adoption Choices of Texas
The first step is to contact Adoption Choices of Texas. If you are in the military and live in the state of Texas, our location can help you prepare to plan your adoption. Go to our website to find our contact information via email, text, and phone call.
Create Adoption Plan
The second step is to create an adoption plan. When creating an adoption plan, you have three types you can choose from.
- Open adoption is when you are open to having a personal relationship with the adoptive family and having consistent communication with them. You decide which forms of communication you want and schedule times when it’s convenient for you. You want to have a close relationship with your child. Forms of communication can be phone or video calls, emails and letters with pictures, and in-person visits. You can have the adoption specialist help schedule these communications and mediate them.
- Closed adoption is when you don’t think it’s best to create a personal relationship with your adoptive family or contact the child. No forms of communication will be used, and your personal information isn’t shared with the chosen adoptive family. You just want to make sure that the adoptive family checks off all your preferences based on their profile alone.
- Semi-Open adoption is when you are open to communication but may not want to know the adoptive family personally. You may not want to be a consistent presence in your child’s life. You can choose forms of communication and have them be limited and mediated by an adoption specialist. Forms of communication can be updates on upbringing through professional email or letters containing photographs. You can also choose a video or phone call.
Once you have figured out which adoption type matches your preference, then it is time to choose an adoptive family that checks off all your boxes. Your preferences can be based on upbringing, background, common morals and values, religious affiliation or cultural preference, and many more. All your reasons are valid and important. These final decisions are up to you. Adoption Choices of Texas will find a list of adoptive family profiles that fit your criteria.
Being in the military, we understand that you may be in a different location. Whether you are out of state or overseas, you can still plan your adoption. You can plan your adoption wherever you are and come back to your state to settle the legal matters and complete your birth plan. For more details, please ask your boss or any supervisor within your military branch. Policies may differ depending on which military branch you are in. However, you will be able to relocate and complete your birth in the state of Texas. Once you have planned out your departure from overseas or any military base location, you can use the adoption services we have until you’re ready to give birth.
Unexpected Pregnancy Service Options in Texas
- Medical Assistance and Finance: You may have medical insurance and a doctor. You may not have any of those things. Regardless of which situation you fall under, we at Adoption Choices of Texas can provide you with financial assistance when paying for medical checkups in regards to an unexpected pregnancy. We can also provide a list of potential doctors that understand your situation and will be happy to help and provide medical care. We can help schedule your daily doctor visits and prepare your birth plan.
- Financial Assistance: If you are having trouble with handling extra expenses, we can offer you loans, grants, and financial assistance. You can apply for our loans and grants for certain essentials and see if you are eligible. We can also pay for your rent, phone bill, transportation, groceries, maternity materials, and other important expenses that you may have difficulty paying. We are here to offer our support and make you less stressed. We understand you are now managing an unexpected pregnancy, and with that, it can be costly. You may not be prepared, but we can provide a crutch of support during this time.
- Housing: You may be in a circumstance where you do not have a home, or your current living arrangement isn’t safe or doesn’t have enough space. With any of these reasons and more, we can provide you with housing within your area. Having an unplanned pregnancy means you are going to need space to relax and focus on your adoption process.
- Birth Plan: Creating a birth plan is something you will consult your doctor about. Birth plans are scheduled in advance. Many questions to consider while creating a birth plan are the location, if you want pain relief medication, do you want anyone in the delivery room with you, and would you prefer an all-natural birth or a c section. Once you have figured out these essential questions, then your adoption specialist will speak on your behalf on the day of the birth. Your doctor will make sure all your decisions are met and make the space safe and comfortable for you.
- Free Counseling: If you are having difficulty with mentally accepting the adoption or any other emotions and feelings you want to work on, we offer free counseling sessions. There is no time limit to mental health care. We are here to provide assistance through one on one or group sessions. The stress that comes with adoption can be hard to bear alone. We can offer help to accept, cope, and work on how you feel about the adoption, yourself, and any other concerns.
Being a birth mother in the military does not mean you don’t have the option for adoption. Adoption is for anyone regardless of their situation. Adoption Choices of Texas provides assistance wherever you need it. Our services are at your fingertips. We will make sure you are able to give birth to this baby and help provide a wonderful adoptive family. Each decision is yours to make, and everything is step by step. Choose Adoption Choices of Texas for your adoption plan.
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 945-444-0333, text us at 945-444-0333, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Si está embarazada y necesita ayuda, llámenos o envíenos un mensaje de texto y uno de nuestros especialistas en adopción podrá ayudarlo. Podemos ayudarte con la adopcion de niños. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029
Meet the Author: Gabrielle Maya is a recent graduate from New Jersey City University, earning her Bachelor of English Creative Writing and Minor in Women’s Gender Studies. She specializes in writing about topics regarding women, pop culture, books, and DIYs. Her blogs and articles have appeared on The Red Eye Media Group, Kiss and Tell Magazine, and Bookstr. She has also written poetry and flash fiction for New Jersey City University’s online Hype Magazine. Gabrielle also has a bookstagram where she posts daily reads. She enjoys streaming her favorite Korean Dramas, Anime. She is a bookworm to the core, reading several titles a week ranging from fantasy, poetry, fiction, and dystopian. She is social media savvy and creates visual content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. She loves analyzing novels and having open, controversial conversations. Her writing is geared towards women because of her past insecurities with her body and voice. Gabrielle is a quick learner and open to writing any type of content.