The decision to place your child for adoption is difficult and comes with many emotions: worry, grief, guilt, as well as relief, hope and joy. Just a few of the reasons why expectant mothers consider adoption over parenting include unexpected pregnancy, lack of support, age, financial struggles, and feeling totally unprepared to parent a child. Adoption brings a positive ending to an unplanned, unexpected, or unwanted pregnancy. Benefits for the birth mother (and/or birth father) in choosing adoption include:
- More opportunity to fulfill your lifelong dreams such as college and a career. Women who parent at a young age and without support are more likely to not finish school. Adoption can give you the opportunity to pursue an education and fulfill your dreams.
- The chance to make the dreams you have for your child come true by providing them with a family to raise and cherish them. You can rest assured knowing your child is safe and loved, and will have opportunity and benefits that you are currently unable to give them.
- You get to choose the loving family who will raise your child and can get to know them personally if that is what you want. If you have specific ideas of what you want for your child, you can choose that. Do you want them to be part of a family who lives in the peaceful countryside, or do you prefer the excitement of the city? Do you want them to have siblings, or to be a special, only child to a family who can’t have children? Do you want your child to be able to travel and experience the world? It’s your choice to pick what you want for your child.
- Pre-natal and delivery expenses paid as needed. We all know unexpected medical expenses can get out of hand very quickly. If you choose adoption for your baby, we will arrange for medical care and uncovered expenses will be taken care of by the adopting family
- Financial assistance, including free housing, can be provided giving you the comfort and security of home. Maybe you are struggling financially. Being pregnant may make it hard or impossible for you to work, thereby amplifying these issues. We can help you get financial assistance to make your pregnancy as comfortable as possible (depending on your state’s laws).
- All legal expenses and attorney fees will be paid for you. Adoption Choices of Texas will be here to explain and complete the adoption process and to protect you. You will have support from a social worker and a legal entity who will ensure that your legal rights are protected.
- The opportunity to bring many people a lot of happiness that would not occur without you. The family you choose to raise your baby has, most likely, been through a lot of pain and anguish. Their dream is to one day have a baby they can love and care for forever. You will be making their most precious dreams come true.
- The happiness that comes with knowing that the adopting family know that you love your baby enough to choose life and that you are sacrificing so much to ensure his or her future happiness.
Beyond this list, the benefits of adoption extend to your own personal reasons, explanations, and life. Choosing adoption is challenging and difficult but also rewarding and beneficial. If you are facing an unplanned, unexpected, or unwanted pregnancy, contact Adoption Choices of Texas to start your adoption journey.
Serving Expectant Parents Statewide, Expectant Parent Hotline (24/7): 855-304-4673 (HOPE)