Birth Mother Adoption Bill of Rights
As citizens of the United States of America, we are allowed rights as long as we are not breaking the laws. Those enacted laws are to protect those in society from committing or suffering from different crimes. As a birth mother, there are laws in existence in order to protect the unborn or born child. Adoption Choices of Texas would like to tell you that there are plenty of rights you possess though there are laws. There is absolutely nothing to worry about.
We are an adoption agency located in Texas with different locations in Houston, Dallas, Irving, Corpus, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, and Austin. As an agency, we serve locals who are seeking to put their born or unborn baby up for adoption. Also, we help families seeking to adopt a child. As a licensed adoption organization with a qualified staff, we can explain and help you understand your right as a birth mother seeking adoption. Also, before actually putting your baby up for adoption, we can assist in multiple different forms if you were to utilize our services.
What is the Adoption Process in Texas?
As a state, the Texas adoption process is thorough and delicate. There are rules to be followed by the state, and as an adoption agency, we have criteria that need to be met as well.
Here our adoption is detailed but can be explained through an easier lens:
- Step 1: After finding out you’re pregnant based on a test you have at home, it is vital you schedule a doctor’s appointment. That said, an appointment will secure your pregnancy. Make sure you stay away from toxic habits such as smoking, drugs, or more in order to protect your baby.
- Step 2: Now you have a decision to make because the baby you are carrying is an unplanned pregnancy. You might not be physically, mentally, or financially prepared to take care of a child who will be heavily dependent upon you. You have three options: raise the child, terminate your pregnancy, or put your baby up for adoption.
- Step 3: Adoption is the choice you eventually seek and set on. If you are and live in Texas, contact us as soon as possible. You can text, call, or reach us through our portal present on our website!
- Step 4: With our help, you will create an adoption plan that will suit you and your needs without us making decisions. During such a time, your caseworker will provide you with all information you need about adoption. Before making such a plan, we would like you to make sure you are ready for such a process.
- Step 5: The father’s rights will be discussed, but his rights vary based upon your situation. His rights can affect the adoption of your child, but we can create paperwork for your benefit.
- Step 6: You choose the adoptive family of your baby based upon the profiles we provided you. Also, you are to pick what form of adoption you would like: open, semi-open, or closed. We believe in having relationships with your baby’s adoptive family, but we do not pressure you at all.
- Step 7: Attend the necessary doctor’s appointments for you and your baby’s health. If you need help financially, we can definitely assist you with such if you are trying to move. More if you need financial assistance with transportation, groceries, or more.
- Step 8: It is now time to create a hospital plan! Due to your due date arrives, such a plan helps you prepare for labor and decisions based on people’s presence in the hospital with you. It assists not only you but your caseworker and the adoptive parents with your wants during the delivery, specifically in the room.
- Step 9: After your baby is born, you are to sign your parental rights over to your child’s adoptive parents. To be specific, it is 48 hours after the birth of your child.
- Step 10: We know that a lot of mothers have post-placement depression. If so, we provide therapy free of charge to you. Also, if we are helping you financially a month after, our support shall be suspended. To add on, if contact is still held with the adoptive family, then we can set up such.
It might seem like much, but actually, it is not and will move smoothly once you are in the process.
As a Birth Mother, What are the Decisions I Make During My Adoption Process?
You make all of the decisions as to the birth mother. However, the birth father has rights as well. If it is in a case when he is not present or a domestic violence situation, his rights can be revoked with the help of the courts. To add on, as your adoption agency, we can provide financial help and support for the courts with paperwork provided as well.
Other than every decision is yours, such as your adoption plan and the type of adoption you will utilize.
We Are a Family That Can Assist You
Come to us! If you would like to see some adoptive families that are with our local adoption agencies and seeking adoption, you can visit our website. Our goal is to make sure you and your child are receiving the best service possible. The service that you deserve! Contact us at any moment. We have services that are 24/7 and can be provided at any moment.
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 888-307-3340, text us at 888-307-3340, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!
Adoption Choices of Texas es la única agencia de adopción con servicios completamente en esapñol en el estado de Texas. Si está embarazada y necesita ayuda, llámenos o envíenos un mensaje de texto y uno de nuestros especialistas en adopción podrá ayudarlo. Para obtener más información sobre el proceso de adopción como una mujer embarazada o una madre biológica, comuníquese con Adoption Choices of Texas. Para español llamar: 888-510-5029
Meet the Author: Imani Agbionu is a recent graduate from George Mason University, earning her Bachelor of Science in Marketing. With a history in writing for her former university’s online publication, Her Campus, she aspires to become a successful journalist who can provide for herself and her family. She is from Washington, DC, where she has lived her whole life, but one day wants to move to experience and call another state home. Her mother is from Washington, DC, and her father is from Nigeria, part of the Igbo tribe. As an introvert, she loves streaming platforms, with her favorites being HBO Max, Netflix, and Disney+. Unfortunately, she can’t pick one due to all playing a vital role in her life on a daily basis. She enjoys reading, with her favorite book being The Shining by Stephen King, which she sees as unusual since she is a fearful person that avoids horror at all costs. Listening to music is a vital mechanism that helps her stay calm and deal with her anxiety at times. As an inspiring Journalist, she likes to write about a plethora of topics that some may look at as controversial, but she believes in staying true to herself. She doesn’t mind having conversations with people as long as opinions are being respected.