Through this pandemic, the Texas state attorney general has told abortion providers that abortions cannot be performed under state orders to delay nonessential and elective surgeries. He warned that failure to comply with the governor’s ban on nonessential surgery can result in penalties of up to $1,000 or 180 days of jail time.
We at Adoption Choices of Texas stand behind a woman’s choice when it comes to an unplanned pregnancy. If facing an unplanned pregnancy during this crisis, especially if your options are being restricted, adoption remains an option.
Several abortion rights groups accused conservatives of exploiting the pandemic to restrict abortion rights. And we don’t disagree. We also recognize the fear and angst this instantly instills in a woman who is already facing a disconcerting situation.
At Adoption Choices of Texas we discuss all your options, not just adoption. We believe in a woman’s freedom to make this choice. We are not here to talk you into choosing adoption rather than abortion if that’s not what you want to do. Ultimately, you are the only one who can make the best choice for you and your baby. Unfortunately, your options might be restricted during this time.
While an adoption plan means 9 months of pregnancy + delivery, it also means so much more. We hope we can discuss with you, facts about adoption and reasons you might consider adoption:
- You can start the adoption process right away. No matter where you are in your pregnancy, an Adoption Choices adoption specialist will help you start the process as soon as you are ready. We will take your information, start sending you adoptive family profiles, and help you make an adoption plan that works best for you.
- You can complete the adoption process from anywhere. Especially during this time, we are available via text, phone, or video to get started with the adoption process. We work with expectant women from all across the country. Whether you live in a big city or a small town in the middle of the countryside, you can reach an Adoption Choices adoption specialist whenever you need her.
- You are in charge of the adoption process. Choosing adoption gives you a greater sense of control over your situation. When you choose adoption, you will always be the one with the final say when it comes to different aspects of your adoption plan. This includes choosing an adoptive family, deciding what level of contact you want with them, what your hospital plan will be like, and more.
- Adoption cost nothing to the birth mother. Choosing adoption is completely free for you. This includes medical care, legal support, counseling and more…
- Prospective birth mothers can receive financial help during their pregnancy and adoption process. There are other financial benefits for choosing adoption as well. Because Adoption Choices is a licensed adoption agency, we can provide financial support for living expenses, groceries, gas, food, and more. You will work with your adoption specialist to determine a budget that meets your needs.
- Choosing adoption with Adoption Choices includes 24/7 support through this emotional journey. Adoption is an incredibly emotional journey; as is abortion. But only adoption can give you the access to trained counselors 24 hours a day. We will make sure you receive the counseling you need through your adoption journey and even after the adoption is complete. For free.
- Adoption comes with minimal medical risks. Like any medical procedure, both abortion and childbirth comes with its own risks. Birth, however, has the experience of ‘from the beginning of time’.
- You want to feel like you’ve done the right thing. While there is no “right” decision when it comes to your unplanned pregnancy, some women believe that making the sacrifice to carry their baby to term and place them for adoption with another family will provide them a sense of purpose during this confusing time. Adoption is a way to feel positive about your unplanned pregnancy giving you a sense of fulfillment and pride.
- You want to give your child a chance at a happy life. Adoption gives a pregnant woman’s child the chance to grow up with a loving supportive family and have all the opportunities she wants them to have.
- You want to fulfill someone else’s dream of becoming a parent. Adoption isn’t giving up, it’s giving a gift. There is a family, right now, waiting for you. Hoping and praying that you will choose adoption and give that priceless gift to someone who is dreaming of becoming a parent.
- You worry that you will regret an abortion decision. If you have already considered this, it may not be the right decision for you and we are happy you have come across this article.
- You can have continued contact with your baby and the adoptive family through an open adoption. It may reassure you to know that when you choose to place your child for adoption, you will be able to choose an open adoption and watch them grow up happy and healthy – and even be able to have a relationship with them.
- Or you can have zero contact with your baby and the adoptive family through a closed adoption.On the same note as #12, you can also choose a closed adoption and maintain confidentiality. You will never meet the adoptive family nor them you. Every woman has her own reasons for choosing an open adoption or closed adoption.
- Abortion is permanent and final; adoption does not become permanent until signing the legal documents after the baby’s birth, so there is time to consider options. One of the reasons why women choose abortion instead of adoption is simply because they know more about abortion than adoption. Unfortunately, abortion is a decision that must be made rather early in the pregnancy, so it’s not uncommon for women to choose this option with minimal research as a way to quickly “get rid” of their unplanned pregnancy. However, when this happens, women aren’t educated about the other options available to them, and they may not have time to consider the facts about adoption instead of abortion.Considering the current crisis and the restrictions that may be imposed on adoption rights, adoption may be the best option for you.
We know that making a decision for your unplanned pregnancy can be difficult. And especially with this news, frustrating and feel unfair. Abortion is time sensitive and even essential health care for some. This is why we want you to know that there is another option – adoption. Women deserve “better than a craven exploitation of a health care crisis in furtherance of an anti-abortion agenda.”