11 Best Ways to Navigate the Adoption Process as a Birth Mother in Texas
For new birth mothers, understanding how the adoption process works can be a bit complex and confusing. But, do not worry! We will help you safely, positively and successfully navigate your way through your adoption process with your child. Remember, you and your baby will never be alone.
If you have any questions, doubts, fears or concerns, we will be glad to help you learn how to navigate the adoption process as a birth mother. Do not hesitate to come to our Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio agencies at Adoption Choices of Texas, and reach out to one of our compassionate staff members. We want nothing more than to see you and your baby have a positive adoption experience.
Learning about the Steps of the Adoption Process
We understand you may feel anxious and confused about pursuing adoption of your unborn child. Our experience and guidance will help you understand it better. No need to worry anymore. Let Adoption Choices of Texas be your navigator. We will be by your side and walk you through every step toward a successful adoption of your child. We can help you feel more comfortable and confident about this important decision. In order for that to happen, feel free to:
- Contact our Agency: First and foremost, simply call or text us at Adoption Choices of Texas to start exploring your desire to pursue the adoption process with your child.
- Setup Your Appointment: You will be able to pick a day and time to meet up with your birth mother counselor to discuss your adoption process further.
- Filling out all Your Necessary Paperwork: Your birth mother counselor will supply you with all of the essential forms you will have to complete and answer any questions you may have before continuing your process.
- Contact Your Doctor: You will need to call and meet with your primary care physicians and OB GYN doctor so they can provide you and your baby with proper prenatal care before, during and after your process. It is imperative that you and your baby will be in good health from start to finish.
- Choosing Your Child’s Adoptive Family: Your birth parent counselor will provide you with prospective adoptive family profiles. Each family is qualified to take care of and raise your child.
- Live in a temporary, safe living space: During your pregnancy, we can help provide you with a temporary living space for you and your baby to stay in. This will allow you to focus more on yourself and your unborn child.
- You and Your Child’s First Interaction with the Adoptive Parents: Your birth parent counselor will assist you in scheduling either a group conference call with them, or if you choose, you can request to meet with them face to face. You and your child’s adoptive family will come to an agreement as to whether you want to pursue an open, semi-open, or closed adoption with your child. Then together, you all will determine how much, or how little communication will be allowed between all three parties moving forward.
- Stay in Communication with Everyone: After attending each of your prenatal doctor appointments, make sure to keep in touch with your child’s adoptive family and your birth parent counselor.
- Gather Together on Your Due Date: While you are at the hospital with your child ready to be born, your birth parent counselor will be with you to certify that you are having your baby.
- Your Child is Born: Once your baby is born, with your child’s adoptive parents present, he or she will depart with them from the hospital. Your birth parent counselor will help schedule a court date for when your parental rights and the full custody of your child will be given to your baby’s adoptive parents.
- Your Post Placement Process: You will be able to attend free, helpful counseling sessions with your birth mother counselor. They will help you healthfully grieve from your emotional process, and move forward in your life. We will continue to pay for all your expenses for six more weeks after your delivery.
Ask For Help
If you need help with anything, or need someone to talk to, do not hesitate to reach out to us! We are here for you. You can contact any one of our staff members and talk to them about any doubts, fears or concerns you may have about your baby or the process, whatever the case may be.
We will provide all of the necessary resources you will need in order for you to have a successful, positive adoption process with your child.
You will be able to speak with your certified legal representative to make sure you and your baby will have a positive, easy going process from start to finish.
You can converse with your certified medical experts about both your, and your baby’s health 24/7. Your health and your baby’s is of utmost importance.
You are Not Alone
You will not go through your baby’s adoption process alone. There are several other women who are going through the same process as you right now, along with many others that already have! We will help you connect with other local birth mother groups who you can speak to about any fears, doubts or concerns you may have. You will gain a massive support system from other loving birth mothers who you can lean on, and show you love and support.
Ways to Navigate the Adoption Process as a Birth Mother
Understanding the adoption process may be confusing at first, but don’t panic.
You will not have to go through or learn about the process on your own. We will be here to help you out with anything you need!
You and your baby are our top priorities. When you step through our doors, you will receive nothing but love, care and support from beginning to end.
Remember, you are not alone! We will be here to help you through your adoption journey, every step of the way!
As an expectant woman or birth parent, to learn more about adoption, contact Adoption Choices of Texas. You can call us at 945-444-0333, text us at 945-444-0333, or email us here. If you are hoping to adopt, please visit us here. We look forward to helping you through your adoption journey!